Creative Arts Emmy Awards Acceptance Speech
In preparation for the 2020 Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremonies, please record an acceptance speech video as though you have just won for each category(s) in which you are nominated.
Please note: this video will only be used by the Television Academy if your achievement is announced as the winner.
The rules are simple:
- Be yourself!
- One video per nomination (NOT one per person listed on the nomination). Please coordinate with your fellow nominees to create one video.
- Each video must be no more than 30 seconds.
- Please leave a 5-second pad at the end of your speech.
- Each video must be delivered with all content including talent, music, etc. completely cleared and paid for by you - you assume all responsibility for clearing all third-parties' rights and will indemnify us against any claim for payments; please furnish copies of clearances with video (no music, visible photos, art or logos can be used unless they have been cleared/licensed as per instructions above)
- If you are a former Emmy winner, you may display your statuette in the background, but for consistency's sake with first-time winners this year, we ask that you refrain from holding it.
- We have provided Emmy Key Art that is suitable to use as a background for your video. This 4K resolution image can be cast from your phone to your smart TV and devices. You can download it here.
- If you submit a video, you consent to our use of it in the Creative Arts Emmy Awards Show and on the Television Academy website, with no restrictions or payments.
- There are no other rules!
If you produce your video in a studio or other professional setting, please be aware of these Acceptance Speech Video Upload Specifications. Shooting your video on a computer or mobile device? Please review these Remote Video Best Practices.
Make sure to shoot horizontally!
The deadline to submit your video is Friday, August 21 - so don't wait!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.