Internship: Rules and Eligibility
The Television Academy Foundation reserves the right to refuse placement in any category at any time.
- Applicants must be qualified full-time students pursuing an associate, bachelor or graduate degree at a college or university within the United States. Students entering their final quarter or semester in 2021 without a full course load may also apply.
- Students who have completed or will be completing college or graduate school prior to December 31, 2020 are not eligible.
- Students who are graduating between January 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021 are eligible to apply. If you are a graduating undergraduate senior returning to graduate school in the fall, you must provide a letter of acceptance upon notification of finalist status.
- International students with F-1or J-1 Visa status pursuing a degree in the United States are NOT eligible to apply for internships or fellowships.
- In order for the Foundation to conduct a background check and process payroll for an intern, the intern will need to provide the Foundation with a U.S. Social Security number upon notification of employment.
- Only one entry and one category per student.
- Applicants must choose either the Internship/Fellowship Program, Foster Forward Initiative OR the Star Trek Command Training Program (spring or summer). You MAY NOT apply for more than one opportunity.
- Students who have previously participated in the Internship Program may not apply again.
- EXCEPTION: If eligible, 2020 fellows MAY apply for the 2021 Development internships.
- Students participating in specialized two-year or certificate programs should contact the Foundation to determine eligibility.
- The Television Academy Foundation’s remote internships pay approximately $4,800 to each intern, payments of which will be made every two weeks. Applicable payroll deductions are taken from payments.
Additional eligibility requirements for Foster Forward Initiative:
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students attending a Southern California college or university.
- If since the time you turned 13 you:
- Had no living parent (biological or adoptive), even if you are now adopted
- Were in foster care, even if you are no longer in foster care as of today; or
- Have been a dependent or ward of the court, even if you are no longer a dependent or ward of the court as of today
- Students must provide proof of foster care status upon finalist notification in order to be considered.
Television Academy members will judge submissions beginning mid-February and all intern finalist and fellowship notifications will be completed in mid-March. All finalists for the remote internships will then be required to submit a video interview in response to questions posed in the notice of final candidacy. Students selected for the remote internship positions will be notified via email in early April.
Be sure to check your spam folder regularly.