Internship: Rules and Eligibility
The Television Academy Foundation reserves the right to refuse placement in any category at any time.
- Applicants must be qualified full-time students pursuing an associate, bachelor or graduate degree at a college or university within the United States. Students entering their final quarter or semester in 2021 without a full course load may also apply.
- Students who have completed or will be completing college or graduate school prior to December 31, 2020 are not eligible.
- Students who are graduating between January 1, 2021 and August 31, 2021 are eligible to apply. If you are a graduating undergraduate senior returning to graduate school in the fall, you must provide a letter of acceptance upon notification of finalist status.
- International students with F-1or J-1 Visa status pursuing a degree in the United States are NOT eligible to apply for internships or fellowships.
- In order for the Foundation to conduct a background check and process payroll for an intern, the intern will need to provide the Foundation with a U.S. Social Security number upon notification of employment.
- Students may only apply to ONE program and select only ONE category.
- Students who have previously participated in the Internship Program may not apply again.
- EXCEPTION: If eligible, 2020 fellows MAY apply for the 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Unscripted Program or Star Trek Command Training Program (Fall).
- Students participating in specialized two-year or certificate programs should contact the Foundation to determine eligibility.
- All internships are paid, full-time remote positions, 40 hours per week, $15 per hour. Payment is made once a week; applicable payroll deductions apply.
Additional eligibility requirements for Diversity & Inclusion Unscripted Internship Program
- Open to students in the Greater Los Angeles area (counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura) ONLY.
- Only graduating students with degrees conferred by June 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in unscripted television.
- Applicants should come from low-income backgrounds.
Additional eligibility requirements for Foster Forward Initiative
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students attending a Southern California college or university.
- If since the time you turned 13 you:
- Had no living parent (biological or adoptive), even if you are now adopted
- Were in foster care, even if you are no longer in foster care as of today; or
- Have been a dependent or ward of the court, even if you are no longer a dependent or ward of the court as of today
- Students must provide proof of foster care status upon finalist notification in order to be considered.
Additional eligibility requirements for Star Trek Command Training Program (FALL)
- Open to all class levels within the Greater Los Angeles area (counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino and Ventura) ONLY.
- This is a PART-TIME position. Applicants must commit to working 13 consecutive weeks: (12) at 25 hrs and (one) week at 20 hrs.
Television Academy members will judge submissions beginning mid-February and all intern finalist and fellowship notifications will be completed in mid-March. All finalists for the remote internships will then be required to submit a video interview in response to questions posed in the notice of final candidacy. Students selected for the remote internship positions will be notified via email in early April.
*Diversity & Inclusion Unscripted Internship Program and Star Trek Command Training Program (Fall) have different notification dates. See individual pages for details.
Be sure to check your spam folder regularly.