Internships at the Television Academy Foundation
The application period for Spring and Summer 2022 internships is now closed.
2022 Internships may be in-person, hybrid or remote, depending on the opportunity, and are subject to change. As a condition of employment, the Academy Foundation will require all in-person or hybrid-work interns to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Foundation's Internship Program is one of the most prestigious in the country, providing pathways to employment for aspiring college students. Since its inception in 1980, the Foundation's Internship Program has been instrumental in launching the careers of prominent writers, producers, directors, executives, and Emmy nominees and winners.
Notable Foundation alumni include:
- Rachel Axler, Writer/Supervising Producer, Veep
- Kristen Bartlett, Writer, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Saturday Night Live
- Martin Bruestle, Producer, The Sopranos
- Natasha Chen, CNN correspondent
- Jorge Gutierrez, Animator/Writer/Director, Maya and the Three
- Eric Kripke, Creator, The Boys, Supernatural, Timeless
- Craig Mazin, Writer/Executive Producer, Chernobyl
- Sev Ohanian, Producer, Judas and the Black Messiah, Fruitvale Station, Foursome
- Gina Prince-Bythewood, Writer/Director, The Old Guard, Shots Fired
- Pam Soper, Senior Vice President Programming, CBS Television
- Kevin Wandell, Vice President of Development, FX Networks
The Foundation offers four unique programs that provide hands-on learning opportunities with professionals at the top of their game in the television industry. In addition, summer students are invited to weekly online panels in the evening with leaders in the industry and customized seminars covering personal brand building and navigating the job market ahead.
- Internship Program - offers opportunities in Spring, Summer and Fall.
- Spring offers part-time Development internships for students currently attending a college/university in the Greater Los Angeles Area or a Semester in LA program. Application period opens in November.
- Summer offers full-time internships in 16 disciplines in the television industry for students nationwide currently attending a college/university. Application period opens in November.
- Fall offers part-time internships in various disciplines for students currently attending a college/university in the Greater Los Angeles Area or a Semester in LA program. Application period opens in April 2022.
- Diversity and Inclusion Unscripted Internship Program - offers summer internships to students from low-income backgrounds currently attending a college/university in Southern California. Application period opens in November. Application period opens in November.
- Foster Forward Initiative - provides summer internships for foster youth currently attending a college/university in the Greater Los Angeles area. Application period opens in November.
- Star Trek Command Training Program - offers unique educational opportunities within the Star Trek Universe three times a year for students attending a college/university in the Greater Los Angeles Area or a Semester in LA program (Spring and Fall) as well as nationwide (Summer). Spring and summer internship application period opens in November. Fall internship application period opens in April 2022.
Students who complete an internship through the Television Academy Foundation become program alumni and enjoy access to exclusive events, networking opportunities and more.
Television Academy Foundation interns have been placed at studios, networks and production companies across the industry. Previous host companies include:
|The Disney Channel||Nickelodeon||Fox TV Studios|
|E! Entertainment||NBCUniversal||Warner Bros.|
|... and many others!|