Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
This dessert is elegant and easy!
Makes 4 portions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups cream
- 1 cup egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lbs. torn croissants (4 croissants 4 oz each)
- 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to (300°F).
- Place the milk, cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until just below the boil.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and whisk to combine.
- Gradually whisk the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture to combine.
- Arrange the croissants in a loaf pan or a 1.5 litre-capacity baking dish, layer with chocolate chips.
- Pour custard over the croissants and chocolate chips.
- Place the loaf pan in a bain-marie – a larger pan filled with up to two inches of water, enough to come halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and just set.
Watch the presentation May 30 here. Jimmy Fallon, Tichina Arnold, Kelly McCreary, Ryan Michelle Bathe, and Drew and Jonathan Scott Among Presenters
Anna Kendrick brought her personal stories to her new show Love Life
Watch content submitted For Your Consideration.