Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
This dessert is elegant and easy!
Makes 4 portions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups cream
- 1 cup egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 lbs. torn croissants (4 croissants 4 oz each)
- 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to (300°F).
- Place the milk, cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, until just below the boil.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl and whisk to combine.
- Gradually whisk the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture to combine.
- Arrange the croissants in a loaf pan or a 1.5 litre-capacity baking dish, layer with chocolate chips.
- Pour custard over the croissants and chocolate chips.
- Place the loaf pan in a bain-marie – a larger pan filled with up to two inches of water, enough to come halfway up the sides of the loaf pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and just set.