Shaffner, Hurst Tie in Television Academy Chairman/CEO Election
Special runoff election for chair set for January 6, 2010 as a result of tie between Shaffner and Hurst. Five new 2010 officers elected tonight.
North Hollywood, CA, Dec. 16, 2009 – The Board of Governors of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences will hold a special January 6, 2010, runoff election for the position of Chairman/CEO as a result of a tie between current Chairman/CEO John Shaffner and current Second Vice Chair Brian Seth Hurst in the election held tonight.
John Shaffner, the incumbent Television Academy Chairman/CEO, is seeking his second two-year term. Shaffner, an award-winning television production designer, has served as a Governor in the Art Directors and Set Decorators Peer Group for five years. He became a Governors’ appointee to the Executive Committee, and had been elected for successive terms as both second vice chair and vice chair for the Television Academy.
Brian Seth Hurst, CEO of The Opportunity Management Company, has served two terms on the Television Academy’s Board of Governors representing Interactive Media. He lobbied for and oversaw the creation of the Academy Board's Brand and Sponsorship Committee, established the Emerging Media Task Force and spearheaded the extension of Primetime Emmy eligibility to broadband content. Currently, Hurst serves on the Television Academy's Executive Committee as Second Vice Chair.
Officers elected tonight are:
• Vice Chair: Nancy Bradley Wiard, current Television Academy Vice Chair, Co-Chair Anomalies Committee, Chair of the Primetime Awards Committee; and Emmy-winning producer (The Young & the Restless)
• Second Vice Chair: Stacey Luchs Struber, outgoing Governor Public Relations Peer Group, Primetime Awards Show Co-Chair, Governors’ Appointee to the Executive Committee; and Principal, Stacey Luchs Struber Public Relations and Marketing
• Secretary: Marcelino Ford-Livene, outgoing Governor Interactive Media Peer Group; and General Manager of interactive content and advanced advertising development for Intel’s Digital Home Group
• Treasurer: Kevin Hamburger, outgoing Governor Producers Peer Group, Governors’ Appointee to the Executive Committee, Chair of the Budget Review Committee; and producer and production executive (Burn Notice, The Ellen DeGeneres Show)
• Los Angeles Area Vice Chair: Joetta Di Bella, outgoing Governor, Los Angeles Area Peer Group, Co-Chair Los Angeles Area Awards Committee
# # #
Contact: Michael Samonte
Add Your Comment
Iger, Laybourne, MacFarlane, Sandrich, and Tyson to be inducted at 25th Hall of Fame celebration
Meet the season 3 and 4 cast of The Crown, gracing the cover of the new emmy magazine!
CBS and the Television Academy have announced a new internship program for college students nationwide to reflect the inclusive and diverse values of the Star Trek franchise.