FYC Partner Center > FYC Events
2020 Important Dates:
- Los Angeles FYC Event Date Lottery: Wednesday, January 22, 9:30AM PST
- New York City Event Date Lottery: Friday, January 24, 9:00AM PST
- FYC Events Calendar: Saturday, February 29 – Sunday, June 14
FYC Event Date Lottery - Los Angeles
- The Lottery will be held Wednesday, January 22 at 9:30AM at the Television Academy.
- In late November, all those participating in the Lottery will receive an official email invitation. RSVP deadline is Thursday, December 19. Additional reservations will not be accommodated on the day of the Lottery. Upon RSVPing for the lottery, all participants must confirm the number of events and specify the properties for which they will be drawing.
- Lottery participants will be called to draw numbers in random order. When called, the participant will draw a number for each program for which they have reserved a spot.
- All entities should collaborate in advance to confirm that program entries of mutual interest secure only one event reservation per program.
- All nights on the calendar are now competitive: each night will have two first-hold positions: A or B. All secondary holds are on one track and can move up into either A or B first position when available. The weekends will feature 4 slots: 2 daytime and 2 evening events on both Saturday AND Sunday.
- Each entity will name one first position hold date (either A or B) and one additional secondary position date where available (2-5).
- Each program and event slot will have no more than 2 position choice holds.
To view the Los Angeles FYC calendar:
- Click here for the calendar.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- You will see a request to add the 2020 FYC Lottery calendar.
- Click ADD.
Please contact Victoria or Brianne at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
FYC Event Date Lottery - New York City
- New York City event dates will be selected by phone lottery Friday, January 24, 2020 - 9:00AM PST / 12:00PM EST
- Call-in information will be provided to those participating.
- The lottery will consist of only one round of date selection.
- Each entity will draw one number. A Television Academy representative will call each entity's name in random order and we will have a person at the Academy draw a number for that network and announce it to the group. We will continue in this fashion until each entity has a number.
- In the order of drawn numbers, each entity will have a turn to claim a 1st, 2nd and 3rd hold for one property. We will repeat this process in reverse order, starting from the last number, for an additional property for that entity. We will continue until all entities have placed their desired holds.
- The NYC calendar will be open for FYC events February 29 through June 14, seven days a week. There are no competitive events.
To view the New York City FYC calendar:
- Click here
- Sign in with your Google account.
- You will see a request to add the 2020 FYC Lottery NYC calendar.
- Click ADD.
For other cities, you may request dates and an estimated member count after the New York Lottery. Email email@example.com to inquire.
Event Booking Timeline:
- Los Angeles Lottery: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 9:30AM
- New York City Lottery: Friday, January 24, 2020 - 9:00AM PST / 12:00PM EST
- Challenges begin 8 weeks out from earliest FYC date and will continue on a rolling calendar. Upon a challenge, the first position holder must contract or release the date within 24 hours.
- 5-8 weeks out from event date - initiate booking by requesting Theatre Booking Form or Offsite Booking Form from Victoria (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 5 weeks out from each event date – contract completed.
- 4 weeks out - commit to event details and supply assets for invite.
- DAY OF EVENT: The Television Academy will collect RSVPs and provide a guest count upon request. Final RSVP list will be provided at the time of the event.
Competitive Night and Weekend Booking
On Competitive Nights, both the A1 and B1 holds have first priority to book events for that date. Whichever entity submits a Booking Form first has priority to book the Wolf Theatre. The second to book will have second choice to host at the Wolf Theatre, if available, or offsite. Once the Wolf Theatre is booked, the party with the other first position hold will be notified; they will still retain first priority to book the date offsite. If both entities choose to go offsite on a weekday competitive night, the Wolf Theatre Blackout Fee will be split between the two, for $2,500 each. If only one entity books a weekday competitive night offsite they will be responsible for the full $5,000 Wolf Theatre Blackout Fee.
Two tracks are available on Saturday and Sunday, each track with an AM and PM slot. All weekend events are to take place offsite.
When a date is booked, all subsequent holds for that same program are released. Also, at the time of booking, 2nd and 3rd holds on that date will be removed and those entities will be able to place a new 2nd or 3rd hold on the calendar for their programs if dates are available.
When a first hold is released, the 2nd and 3rd holds each move up one position in priority and will be notified when they are in the first position. The Google Calendar will always be up to date on hold positions.
RSVP Lottery/Check In
All events will accept RSVPs in the form of a Lottery. Members will submit a registration request, which will be entered into a random lottery drawing. Requestors selected in the drawing will receive an email confirmation of their registration within 24 hours of their request.
The Television Academy will provide a production assistant at all events in Los Angeles and - new this year - in New York City. That support staff will be responsible for providing RSVP lists the day of the event and will be able to answer member inquiries on site during the event. They are not responsible for check-in of guests. FYC Partners must provide iPads for check-in at all off-site events. The Television Academy will provide iPads for all events at the Wolf Theatre.
All Events: Invitations
Invitations to members for all FYC events are sent by the Television Academy's FYC team. Email invitations are sent Mondays through Thursdays during FYC season; they will not be sent on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
The timing of email invitation distribution to members is at the discretion of the Television Academy. We will always prioritize the invitation with the earliest event date, but cannot hold back invitations for following events that are approved and ready.
The Events Administration Fee of $4,500 includes the building and distribution of FYC email invitations to Television Academy voting members, RSVP management prior to event, and Television Academy representative on-site in Los Angeles and New York City.
- 4 weeks out - All materials as outlined on the specs at the link below are due to the Television Academy. Files are to be sent to Brianne (email@example.com). There is no need to design the email invitation or send a mockup of the design - the email is created using a standard template and built in-house by the Television Academy.
- 3 weeks out - The Television Academy sends an email test of the invitation to the partner. Any changes or updates requested by the partner are made and final email test is sent.
- 2 weeks out - email invitation goes out to membership.
Click here for 2020 FYC Event Assets Invitation Specs.
Events at the Wolf Theatre
Please see documents below regarding details for events being held at the Wolf Theatre.
- Click here for Wolf Theatre Rental Package details
- Click here for Wolf Theatre File Delivery Specifications
- Click here for Run of Show details
- Click here for Seating Chart details
Offsite events hosted during competitive weekday nights will incur a Wolf Theatre blackout fee if both parties choose to host offsite. The $5,000 blackout fee will be split by the two parties for a fee of $2,500 each. This fee is in addition to the $4,500 Events Administration Fee.
Multi-Cam Recording and Live Streaming
New this year, the Wolf Theatre has added the ability to record and/or stream panel events. Click below to see available options including pricing. For any additional questions, please contact Dave Napoli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here for Multi-Cam Recording and Live Streaming details.
Film Group dates are considered non-competitive, so off-site events will not incur a blackout fee.
Academy member events may affect the availability of the Wolf Theatre - these dates will be noted at the time of the Event Date Lottery to the best of our ability.
Competitive dates are being offered Monday through Friday throughout the entire FYC Season.
On Competitive Nights, both the A1 and B1 holds have first priority to book events for that date. Whichever entity submits a Booking Form first has priority to book the Wolf Theatre. The second to book will have second choice to host at the Wolf Theatre, if available, or offsite. If both entities choose to go offsite on a weekday competitive night, the $5,000 Wolf Theatre blackout fee will be split between the two, for a fee of $2,500 each. This fee is in addition to the $4,500 Events Administration Fee.
Complimentary or discount rideshare codes in lieu of/in addition to paid parking are permitted and not subject to gift value restrictions (NO cash reimbursements allowed). This information must be submitted at the time invitation details are due, or an additional email blast fee will incur.
Attendee Promotional Giveaway
There is a $25 value limit per program on attendee gifts/promotional giveaways at FYC events. Promotional collateral may be distributed at FYC Events but may NOT include access codes to any FYC viewing sites, though you may include the URL.
Partners may NOT invite Television Academy members to sign up for mailing lists, invitation distribution lists, or give their personal information in exchange for any gifts, physical or digital items, event invitations, or information. Click here for complete FYC Campaigning Guidelines.
FYC Partner Center > FYC Events