Brand Social Media Guidelines for Emmy Season
We encourage sponsors and brands to share their Emmys excitement. Here are some guidelines for planning your social rollout.
- Retweet or share anything we post from our official accounts:
- We are @TelevisionAcad on Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr/Facebook
- our Facebook Page is called "Emmys / Television Academy,"
- our YouTube channel is /TelevisionAcad.
- NOT @TheEmmys or @Emmys
- Reference our accounts (mentioned above) in your Emmys coverage.
- Link to any of our articles, videos, photos, galleries.
- Space permitting, use #Emmys on Primetime Emmys-related posts and #EmmysArts on Creative Arts Emmys-related posts.
- Tag/mention the applicable handle (listed above) when posting something Emmys-related, so we can re-share it to our social accounts. If you didn't tag us in the post, please email links to firstname.lastname@example.org so we'll know to re-share.
- When granted access to space(s) on-site: know, respect, and honor the purpose of that particular location within the holistic plan of the day's events. If you are unaware, please ask; we're happy to help.
- Do not tag @TheEmmys or @Emmys (that is not us)
- Do not mash up your brand with the Emmys in one hashtag
- i.e. #EmmysYOURBRAND is not acceptable.
- However, using #Emmys separately from #YourBrand is great.
- Do not create an implied endorsement (ie Emmys love YourBrand!)
- Do not show favoritism toward one nominee. An impartial, objective POV is required.
- When creating images using our marks, they must be approved by the Television Academy Media & Brand Management team before distribution. Email them to email@example.com for approval and allow at least 3 business days for review.
- When on-site as a representative of your brand, do not conduct interviews or otherwise interact with event guests if not pre-approved to do so. This ensures a smooth and comfortable day for all involved.
- Do not stream live for longer than 3 minutes for every 10 minutes unless other terms have been pre-arranged and approved by the Marketing team.
Click here to download a printable version of these guidelines.
Today we present the first in an ongoing series of article featuring Academy members talking about their lives, careers, and Academy membership. Our first member is Brian Oerly, stuntman.
Honoring outstanding achievement in student productions
Chairman and CEO Frank Scherma's selections for 2019 term.