Internship: How to Apply
We will begin accepting applications for the 2018 summer Internship Program in January.
To be considered, required materials must be submitted online and by mail. Only one entry and one category per student. Please read Rules & Eligibility for details.
Required for Online AND Mail-In:
1. Information Page to include the following as shown below.
- E-mail address
- Cell phone
- College or university and expected graduation date
- Status: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student
- Number and title of category for which you are applying (see list of category descriptions - if applicable, specify genre)
2. Professional Statement of 300-400 words discussing the specific reasons for your choice of category and your professional objectives.
Mail-In Only (Not applicable for online):
4. Two letters of recommendation addressed to the Internship Committee (at least one must be from an academic and on the institution's letterhead).
5. Transcript(s) from ALL colleges/universities attended with courses and grades, both college and graduate school, if applicable (unofficial photocopies will be accepted).
6. Supplemental materials (ONLY as necessary where indicated by category).
Supplemental audio/visual materials (Submitted online ONLY)
If your category requires supplemental materials, please use the following criteria when uploading (exception: Art Direction/Production Design and Costume Design). Storyboards must be one file smaller than 4MB. If a video is required, it must be uploaded via YouTube, Vimeo, or a publicly shared Dropbox folder. Private videos and broken links will be disqualified.
NOTE: Letters of recommendation and transcripts must be mailed in one package along with all other materials listed (#1 through #5). Failure to do so will result in disqualification. No materials will be returned. Do not send anything other than what is requested within your category. Art Direction/Production Design and Costume Design applicants - DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.
No fax or email submissions will be accepted.
Director, Education Programs
Television Academy Foundation
Student Internship Program
5220 Lankershim Blvd.
N. Hollywood, CA 91601-3109
For questions or further information contact email@example.com.