The Faculty Seminar
Twenty professors from colleges and universities nationwide are selected by Television Academy members to be immersed into the entertainment industry for a week-long seminar to learn from the industry's top professionals. Travel and lodging are paid for by the Television Academy Foundation.
The Television Academy Foundation is now accepting applications for this year's Faculty Seminar, which will be held November 10 – 14, 2014. Find out how to apply.
TOPICS MAY INCLUDE:
- Producers and Writers: How they function
- Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres
- Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching
- Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation
- Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information
- Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology
- Plus More!