The Faculty Seminar
CONNECTING THE CLASSROOM WITH THE TELEVISION INDUSTRY
Application process will open April 1, 2016.
Twenty professors from colleges and universities nationwide are selected by Television Academy members to be immersed into the entertainment industry for a week-long seminar to learn from the industry's top professionals. Travel and lodging are paid for by the Television Academy Foundation.
- Producers and Writers: How they function
- Directors: Learn the similarities and differences of working in different genres
- Development: Sources and development of ideas, network pitching
- Network/Cable Decision-Making: Program selection, scheduling, promotion, cancellation
- Digital Entertainment and New Media: Learn the newest information
- Out Visits: Behind-the-scenes, new technology
- Plus More!