The Television Academy, based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, is a nonprofit organization devoted to celebrating and empowering storytellers to push the boundaries of what Television can be. The only major organization fully representing the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, it is made up of over 20,000 members, representing 29 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, the Director, Talent and Public Relations will have the following responsibilities:
- Talent relations – Key point of contact for Television Academy’s industry-wide talent relations.
- Communicate and develop relationships with industry leaders (in front of and behind the camera) and their representatives to secure engagement in Academy events and activities.
- Cover and host talent at events.
- Write and/or edit copy for internal and external marketing and publicity purposes including:
- Weekly member email newsletter
- Printed invitations and e-vites
- Press announcements
- Digital and print collateral brochures, fliers and advertisements
- Sales/marketing materials for the Television Academy and our theater
- Press releases, marketing and promotional materials for international sales of the Emmy Awards
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should possess the following minimum requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or related fields.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in the Public Relations – in house or agency.
- Must have existing relationships with agencies / talent relations firms or worked in talent relations in some capacity.
- Must be experienced, proficient copywriter and proofreader.
- Team-oriented multi-tasker.
- Evening and weekend event talent oversight and event support required.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments and external partners
Please send writing samples with resume to email@example.com
The Television Academy Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization located in the San Fernando Valley’s NoHo Arts district of Southern California. The Television Academy Foundation was established in 1959 as the charitable arm of the Television Academy. It is the Television Academy Foundation's mission to preserve and celebrate the history of television while educating and inspiring those who will shape its future.
Summary of Position
The Senior Manager of Development functions as a fundraising generalist with particular emphasis given to the cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts, database growth, and new fundraising opportunities. The Senior Manager is responsible for advancing the mission of the Foundation by increasing the level of involvement and philanthropic commitment of members of the Academy, the television industry in general, and the Foundation’s community of constituents. The Senior Manager must be able to engage individuals and other potential funding sources in dialogue about the Television Academy Foundation, its work and mission in ways that lead to increasing levels of financial support. The Senior Manager will also function as a Campaign Manager working closely with the Television Academy leadership team on the current New Destination Capital and Endowment Campaign.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships & Marketing your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute year-round strategies to cultivate relationships with and solicit corporate gifts, donations, and contributions for all Foundation programs, including but not limited to all educational and archival programs, professional conferences and seminars, and annual events including the annual Golf Tournament, College Television Awards gala, the Television Academy Hall of Fame, and others.
- Develop and execute a plan for a year-round auction program, online and/or at events, generating revenue, creating public excitement for the Foundation, and advancing relationships with key partners.
- Oversee Foundation direct mailing campaigns.
- Collaborate on the development of collateral materials for all fundraising and development programs and events.
- Coordinate aspects of the existing endowment campaign, including prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, gift tracking, events and stewardship activities, and work closely with campaign leadership to engage the support of prospects and solicit key donors.
- Maintain the campaign plan including the campaign schedule (ensuring that solicitations are strategically scheduled for campaign needs); the campaign calendar (timing of events, meetings and mailings); campaign benchmarks and goals; and campaign budgets.
- Coordinate the transition from the existing endowment campaign into an ongoing annual fund program, including development of a donor stewardship program.
- Assist with corporate and foundation requests, including researching and preparing grant proposals and reports.
- Prepare briefing materials for staff and volunteers, and conduct briefing meetings in preparation for solicitation visits.
- Manage record-keeping for all fundraising and development to ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files.
- Oversee all fundraising databases and systems, as well as the development and maintenance of all donor and prospect research and records.
- Assist in the creation of campaign-related publications including case statements, newsletters, donor recognition materials, and donor communications, etc.
- Assist in creating and managing donor recognition and stewardship policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other Foundation staff to maximize the impact of all programs and initiatives
Qualified candidates must possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 7 years in Fund Development at a nonprofit organization with direct responsibility for donor cultivation and fundraising.
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and exhibit grace and good judgment under pressure.
- Demonstrated record of securing significant donations and/or partnerships for a previous organization.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Excellent problem solving, writing and editing skills.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to mobilize volunteers, colleagues, and superiors towards shared goal.
- Ability to interact effectively with all level of Academy staff, Board representatives, sponsors and donors and represent the Television Academy and Foundation appropriately at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and strong experience with Raiser’s Edge.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org