The Television Academy is a not-for-profit trade organization that supports over 19,000 members nationwide. There are a number of components that make up the organization, all of which work together to serve the members and "promote creativity, diversity, innovation and excellence in television through recognition, education and leadership".
Based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, the Television Academy staff supports a membership base of over 19,000 members and oversees a host of activities including its signature event, The Primetime Emmy Awards.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Manager, Special Programs/Special Events position.
Manager, Special Programs/Special Events
Television Academy Foundation
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, located in North Hollywood, California, dedicated to preserving and celebrating the medium of television and educating those who will impact its future.
Established as the charitable arm of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in 1959, the Foundation draws from Television Academy resources and membership to develop and sponsor educational and archival programs for members, students, researchers and the general public. Financial contributions support Foundation programs focused on career guidance and professional development, student achievement, diversity and the documentation of television's rich history and continued evolution
Summary of Position
- The Manager, Special Programs/Special Events reports to, supports, and works closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Marketing in the management of all Foundation signature events and special programs. In all activities, the Manager seeks to advance the mission and public knowledge of the Foundation while advancing opportunities for sponsor relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the College Television Awards, including the planning, promotion, and execution of the Awards competition, the judging/selection and notification of winners, the planning and execution of the Winners' Summit, and the production of a broadcast quality Gala event.
- Manage and coordinate Foundation special events (as directed by supervisor and ED) including Golf Tournament, Leadership Council events, partnered or sponsored events, and new events and initiatives.
- Work with Director of Strategic Partnerships and Marketing to develop relationships with and solicit sponsorship, donations, and contributions for all Foundation special events and programs, including but not limited to Golf Tournament, College Television Awards, TV Speaks, professional conferences and seminars, as well as all educational and archival programs.
- Manage and execute a plan for a year-round auction program, which generates revenue for the Foundation, creates public excitement for Foundation, and advances relationships with key partners.
- Participate in Foundation direct mailing campaigns and collaborate on the development of collateral materials for all programs and events.
- Collaborate with other Foundation staff to maximize the impact of all programs and initiatives.
- Compose original professional correspondence, proposals, and reports as required.
- Execute social media plan for the Foundation, managing the strategic presence of the Foundation across Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms. Collaborate with the Academy and partners to advance the Foundation's social media profile.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related experience, preferably in Development, Special Events, and/or Corporate and Foundation Relations at a not-for-profit organization or
- entertainment company.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and exhibit good judgment under pressure.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to mobilize volunteers, colleagues, and superiors towards shared goal.
- Ability to interact effectively with all level of Academy staff, Board representatives, sponsors and donors and represent the Television Academy and Foundation appropriately at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity/ability to learn Raiser's Edge.
Please send resume with salary requirement to email@example.com
No Agencies/Phone Calls please.
The Television Academy Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.