The Television Academy is a not-for-profit trade organization that supports over 19,500 members nationwide. There are a number of components that make up the organization, all of which work together to serve the members and "promote creativity, diversity, innovation and excellence in television through recognition, education and leadership".
Based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, the Television Academy staff supports a membership base of over 19,000 members and oversees a host of activities including its signature event, The Primetime Emmy Awards.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Traffic Manager position.
Position: Traffic Manager – Design Services
Ever wonder what it's like to make a global product like the Emmys visually come to life? To put on live, monthly events with hit TV Shows — including the print, web and broadcast graphics that support those events? The design services team at the Television Academy is the hub that makes it happen, creating television excellence that visibly shines. We're a small team that produces a large output across all mediums. We interface closely with all major networks and studios, agencies, vendors, and key Academy leadership. We make the vision of our membership a reality. Think you can add something special to our group? Keep reading…
The Television Academy, located in North Hollywood, California is looking for a Traffic Manager to join its Design Services team:
The Traffic Manager is responsible for creating, implementing, executing and maintaining project schedules that identify key deadlines and project resources, as well as overseeing day-to-day internal and external communications regarding status of all Design Services projects.
Key duties include:
- Schedule, budget, and quote coordination
- Ad and materials trafficking
- Advertising inventory management
- Project status management
- Emmy nominations photo submission management
- Requestor and client relationship management
- Open and analyze graphics files and do some basic production work.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- College Degree (with focus on management or design) preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience project managing and trafficking materials throughout print, web, live event and broadcast campaigns
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Working knowledge of Adobe Design Suite in a Mac environment: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Strong understanding of print, design, and web processes and best practices
- Successful track record of managing vendors, estimating and resource coordination
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information and succinctly filter it into working schedules and deadlines for creative team
Additional Key Qualifications:
- A solid understanding of the creative design, development and trafficking process
- Ability to manage production schedules and special projects for Design Services
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas and issues
- Able to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Clear communicator with solid organizational and team management skills
- Able to multi-task and deal with tight deadlines
- Team-oriented and able to tactfully collaborate with internal staff, vendors, advertisers, Network partners, creatives and management
The Traffic Manager is a salaried position, reporting to the Sr. Creative Director and paying up to $50,000 per year. A full benefit package is also offered.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Television Academy is a nonprofit organization devoted to celebrating and empowering storytellers to push the boundaries of what Television can be. The only major organization fully representing the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, it is made up of more than 19,500 members, representing 29 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers through the awarding of an Emmy statuette, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
The Television Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.