Star Trek Command Training Program
CBS Studios and the Television Academy Foundation have partnered to offer unique Star Trek internships and fellowships as part of the Foundation's education programs. Open to undergraduate and graduate college students nationwide, the Star Trek Command Training Program will champion the core values of inclusion, access and opportunity.
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing pandemic, and with the utmost concern for health and safety, the spring and summer 2021 opportunities will be remote only.
The submission period for spring and summer opportunities is November 12, 2020 - January 19, 2021 at 5:00pm PT.
The spring fellowship program will take place April 5 – May 28, 2021.
Fellowships will provide unique educational fellowships to two students through a 360-degree immersion into the production process of the Star Trek Universe. Selected fellows will have weekly virtual visits with professionals involved in the writing, wardrobe design, on-set production, animation and post-production processes on Los Angeles-based programs. Fellows will also receive weekly online evening professional development including panels with television industry leaders, customized seminars on building your brand and navigating the job market ahead and access to Foundation alumni as you build your career.
The summer internship program will take place June 21 – August 13, 2021.
Internships will provide two, eight-week, paid remote internships on a Star Trek series and receive a 360-degree immersion in the production process of the Star Trek Universe. Selected interns will be actively engaged in writers' rooms, wardrobe design, on-set production, animation and post-production on Los Angeles-based programs and will earn up to $4800. Interns will also receive weekly online evening professional development including panels with television industry leaders, customized seminars on building your brand and navigating the job market ahead and access to Foundation alumni as you build your career.
Open to all class levels.
Upon completion, fellows and interns will join the Television Academy Foundation's Alumni Program and be eligible to participate in program and career support provided by the Foundation.
Required Materials for Application:
- Professional Statement: in a maximum of 750 words, write a professional statement discussing your interest in the Star Trek Command Training Program. Your statement should address:
- How you became interested in the television industry
- How your past work/educational/volunteer and personal experiences make you qualified for this role
- How Star Trek has inspired your personal commitment to diversity and inclusivity, including how this program will help you promote the voices and stories of underrepresented communities
- Resume - remove ALL links, web addresses, photos and references. Email addresses are acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the Internship Committee (at least one must be from an academic and on the institution's letterhead). Professional references include any person who has had a supervisory role with you in the classroom, an internship, work, or project-based environment. Personal references will not be accepted. All letters MUST be signed and include an email address. No exceptions. Digital signatures are acceptable.
- Transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended, both undergrad and graduate school, if applicable (unofficial photocopies will be accepted). Graduate students who do not submit undergrad transcripts will automatically be disqualified. If you are unable to obtain transcripts from the current semester, you must include a list of classes in which you are currently enrolled.
Failure to comply and submit all requested materials and/or any additional materials will result in automatic disqualification in every category.
First round spring fellowship notifications can be expected via email in early March. Final decisions can be expected in late March.
First round summer remote internship notifications can be expected via email mid-March. Final decisions can be expected in early April.
Mail-in, fax, or emailed materials will NOT be accepted.
For questions or further information contact email@example.com.
Star Trek ™ & © 2020 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.