Star Trek Command Training Program
The application period for Summer 2020 internships is now closed. You may still access your application; however, no changes will be allowed.
Finalist notifications will be completed by March 15th via email. Be sure to check your spam folder regularly.
CBS Television Studios and the Television Academy Foundation have partnered to launch a unique Star Trek internship in 2020 as part of the Foundation's education programs. Open to undergraduate and graduate college students nationwide, the Star Trek Command Training Program will champion the core values of inclusion, access and opportunity.
Initially, the new program will place two interns per semester on a Star Trek series, taking place during the 2020 summer semester, and is designed to provide a 360-degree immersion in the production process of the Star Trek Universe. Selected interns will be actively engaged in writers' rooms, wardrobe design, on-set production, animation and post-production on Los Angeles-based programs and will earn up to $4800.
Upon completion, interns will join the Television Academy Foundation's Alumni Program and be eligible to participate in program and career support provided by the Foundation.
Each applicant will need to create an online application for consideration. Please read Rules & Eligibility for details.
Required Materials for Application:
- Professional Statement: in a maximum of 750 words, write a professional statement discussing your interest in the Star Trek Command Training Program. Your statement should address:
- • How you became interested in the television industry
- • How your past work/educational/volunteer and personal experiences make you qualified for this role
- • How Star Trek has inspired your personal commitment to diversity and inclusivity, including how this program will help you promote the voices and stories of underrepresented communities
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the Star Trek Command Training Program Internship Committee. Letters must be signed (digital signatures are accepted) and at least one letter must be from an academic reference on the institution's letterhead. Family references will not be accepted.
- Transcript(s) from up to three colleges/universities attended with courses and grades, both undergraduate and graduate school, if applicable. Unofficial transcripts (photocopies) are acceptable.
Failure to submit all requested materials and/or any additional materials will result in automatic disqualification in every category.
Mail-in, fax, or emailed materials will NOT be accepted.
Accepted applicants will be notified in March 2020.
For questions or further information contact email@example.com.
Star Trek ™ & © 2020 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.