Donor's Bill of Rights
We take pride in our responsible fundraising practices. This Donor's Bill of Rights is designed as a reference for our current and future donors to be made aware of our practices with regard to charitable contributions.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Developed by: American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP),Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Endorsed by: Independent Sector National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC), National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG), National Council for Resource Development (NCRD), United Way of America
Congratulations to the nominees representing 18 colleges and universities
Iger, Laybourne, MacFarlane, Sandrich, and Tyson to be inducted at 25th Hall of Fame celebration
Meet the season 3 and 4 cast of The Crown, gracing the cover of the new emmy magazine!