The Television Academy, based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, is a nonprofit organization devoted to celebrating and empowering storytellers to push the boundaries of what Television can be. The only major organization fully representing the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, it is made up of over 24,000 members, representing 30 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Manager, Awards and Membership
The Television Academy is looking for a Manager(s), Awards and Membership
The position is salaried/exempt and has a Dual Reporting relationship to the Director, Awards and Director, Membership
Summary of Position:
The Manager of Awards and Membership will manage for a specific set of Academy peer groups the day-to-day processing and review of (a) awards submissions and administration, and (b) all matters directly related to membership status within the organization. This includes processing, review and vetting of submissions for the Emmy Awards competition, as well as new membership applications and ongoing eligibility of membership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Each manager will oversee a specific set of peer groups. For those peer groups, each manager has responsibility for the following:
- Process and review awards submissions ensuring submissions are correctly categorized and information is accurate; manage ballot preparation for electronic voting
- Manage and set-up screening/voting panels as needed
- Track and assist in collection and dissemination of voting materials for final round of judging
- Manage nominee RSVPs and ticket packaging for awards presentations
- Assist in the nominee seating arrangements for awards presentations
- Input nomination and winner information into the awards database
- Manage nomination, production and craft certificates, and statue and certificate replacements
- Track financials for related awards submissions fees, ticket purchases and production and craft certificate orders.
- Work with Governors and PGECs to evaluate and propose changes to rules and procedures for categories and awards
- Handle customer service matters pertaining to the awards submission process
- Assist in planning and implementation around logistics of presenting the Primetime Telecast, Creative Arts, and Engineering awards
- Manage all aspects of new member applications and ongoing review of member eligibility, including research and validation of credits, recommendations to Governors, Governor approvals/denials, notification to applicants and members; data entry and payment/refund processing may occasionally be required
- Support Governors in all aspects of their Peer Group Executive Committees, including establishment of the PGEC, setting up and running of PGEC meetings, attend member outreach peer group events and end-of-year dinners, and the Governor nominating process
- Work with Governors and Peer Group Executive Committees to evaluate and propose changes to peer group membership requirements
- Manage membership renewal billing including email notifications and hard copy mailings of invoices
- Troubleshoot lockbox payment system issues, including resolving missing checks and misapplied payments, as well as reviewing payment logs for irregularities, credit card payments and address changes
- Handle customer service matters pertaining to membership application and renewal, including dues payments
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- BA/BS degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in member or customer service and/or awards administration; television industry experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); familiarity with database systems a plus
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able and willing to work extended hours as required or requested, especially during the months of April, May, August and September
Director, Human Resources
The Television Academy is looking for a Director, Human Resources.
The position is salaried/exempt and reports to the CFO/Executive Vice President, Business Operations.
This is a replacement position and will not start until January 2020. The newly hired Director may be asked to come in for a few meetings with the departing Director in December.
Summary of Position
Provide a comprehensive range of human resources support services to the Television Academy / Television Academy Foundation to ensure that the organization operates at the highest standards in its employment practices, its relations with employees and volunteers, and its compliance with all local, state and federal employment regulations.
Provide counsel, facilitate, mediate, investigate and recommend appropriate courses of action in support of managers, employees, and Board members in their employee related interactions.
Work within the organization to define Human Resources goals and objectives; lead strategic and essential HR management planning; and develop, implement, administer and monitor appropriate employee-related guidelines and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for HR issues involving all employees and management staff.
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Oversee the Performance Management system.
- Administer classification programs, including recommendations for classifying and reclassifying positions, and assist managers in writing job descriptions.
- Conduct wage and salary surveys and recommend appropriate merit increase guidelines.
- Oversee, monitor, and administer organization's employee benefit programs, including but not limited to health-related insurance, ACA compliance, FSA and COBRA.
- Oversee workers compensation program.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues in concert with outside legal counsel, as needed.
- Responsible for overseeing the hiring, disciplinary, and termination process for Television Academy and Foundation employees.
- Responsible for the recruitment of all exempt and nonexempt personnel including temporary hires.
- Serve as staff liaison on conduct review concerns for the broader membership of the organization
- Maintain HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) system.
- Oversee and advise on professional development and staff training opportunities and any employee initiatives that affect the workplace.
- Analyze, implement and update compensation programs as necessary.
- Work with Finance Department to coordinate employee information (e.g., time off, insurance contribution rates) in the administration of payroll.
- Work with Director of Facilities in the administration of the company safety program.
- Develop procedures for the preparation and maintenance of personnel records.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR related policies, procedures, and programs.
- Supervise Coordinator, Human Resources and Receptionist positions.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or some other area of social sciences
- SPHR (Senior Professional Human Resources) or SHRM-SCP (SHRM Senior Certified Professional) designation preferred. Designation is required if degree is in a field other than Human Resources or a social science.
- A minimum of 7 years broad-based HR generalist experience, 3 of which must be at management level
- Prior non-profit experience helpful
- Thorough knowledge of local, state and federal employment regulations
- Diverse experience in managing day-to-day human resource administrative and planning functions
- Demonstrated capability of interacting and maintaining effective relationships with all departments, constituencies and stakeholders in the organization
- Understanding of and able to facilitate the balance between employer and employee rights
- Knowledge and experience working with latest HR related technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus skills
- Able and willing to work long hours as necessary
Qualified applicants are asked to send resume and cover letter along with salary requirement to: email@example.com
This position will not start until January 2020
No Agencies Please
Information Systems Specialist
The Television Academy in North Hollywood, California is looking for an Information Systems Specialist.
This a non-exempt/hourly position reporting to the Manager, IT.
The Information Systems Specialist serves as the main point of contact for technical support issues involving the IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications and provides onsite direct support on Hardware, Networking, Printing, and Software applications for Television Academy and Foundation staff and related personnel. The Information Systems Specialist also provides technical support and guidance at internal and external events requiring Internet, computers, networking, and other computer-related equipment. The Information Systems Specialist also works on special projects under direction of the Manager, IT.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintaining, upgrading, repairing and configuring IT systems;
- Perform Tier 1 and Tier 2 desktop support.
- Set up and deploy new workstations; install software/applications; set up mobile devices, printers, and network switches.
- Provide administration, maintenance, and support on Networking, Security, Active Directory, Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Office 365, Citrix XenApp, Storage Systems, SQL, Symantec Backup Exec, VMware Virtualization.
- Provide administration and support for Television Academy Digital Asset Management System.
- Provide set up, administration, and support of various mobile devices such as Android, iPad, and iPhone.
- Provide technical support for printers, order/install supplies.
- Monitor Nightly Backups; troubleshoot Backup issues; perform testing.
- Providing phone/voicemail administration, adds, moves, and changes as well as training.
- Provide necessary IT and AV support for on- and off-site Television Academy and Foundation events, activities, meetings, etc. which may occur during or outside of regular Academy business hours.
- Supervise IT temp staff and vendors.
- Communicate and collaborate with senior management; evaluate and recommend new technologies for enhancing business processes and reducing cost.
- Work on Special IT Projects under the Senior Director, Digital.
- Perform other duties as required and/or requested.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an IT Support Technician/Technical Support Specialist in a cross-platform environment.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of Windows 7/10, Windows Server, and Macintosh OS X.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding, and usability of various software programs including Microsoft Office, Modern Browsers, Adobe Creative Cloud, Symantec and other programs as needed.
- Thorough knowledge, understanding, and usability of Active Directory (AD), Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, Office 365, Citrix XenApp, Storage Systems (HP P2000/MSA/VSA), Microsoft SQL Server, Symantec Backup Exec, Virtualization (VMware Sphere).
- Thorough knowledge of network administration, maintenance, and trouble-shooting. Fluent with TCP/IP, LAN, DHCP, DNS, and VPN. Basic administration of Cisco/Juniper switches, Firewall, and Routers.
- Experience with Avaya IP Office PBX, VoIP, handset and voicemail programming, or with other phone systems.
- Experience with ERP/CRM software.
- Exceptional customer-service skills.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other technical staff, users, and vendors.
- Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive tasks.
- Ability to respond to and analyze crisis situations and make decisions in the absence of supervisor or other management personnel.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Able and willing to take direction from supervisor and senior management.
- Ability to grasp and understand the organization's culture, goals, objectives and business processes and adapt accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present ideas, information, and explain complex concepts in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Valid Driver's License and access to a reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment such as computers and peripherals.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components.
Preferred Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in IT, IS, or MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Computer certification a plus, i.e. MCSE, CCNA, etc.
- Experience with Dynamics GP, iMIS and Salesforce.
- Experience with digital asset management systems, infrastructure, processes.
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends if requested or required.
Nominees Anthony Anderson, Bill Hader, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Amy Poehler, RuPaul, Ben Stiller and Phoebe Waller-Bridge Slated to Present.
Thrones tops all with 10, Chernobyl scores 7; Cherry Jones, Luke Kirby, Jane Lynch and Bradley Whitford are outstanding guest performers.
Complete list of Saturday winners