This week, try this delicious Italian dessert by following this special, authentic recipe from Cheryl Cecchetto's dad.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup (2 oz/60 g) sugar
- 1⁄2 cup (4 fl oz/125 ml) marsala
- Whipped cream, chocolate shavings and berries, to serve
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar into a large stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk until thin and pale yellow, about 5 minutes.
- Simmer (not boil) yolk and sugar mixture in double broiler.
- Gradually drizzle in the marsala, while whisking continuously until the mixture is light and foamy, almost triples in volume, about 15 minutes. Do not let the egg cook around the edges of the bowl.
- Spoon into 4 small dessert dishes (or stemmed glasses) and serve either warm, at room temperature, or chilled, topped with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and cranberries or strawberries.
Now you can bring comfort and Hollywood glam to your table by trying this and other delicious recipes from Passion to Create: Your Invitation to Celebrate by Cheryl Cecchetto, President and Founder of Sequoia Productions.
In addition to producing 23 consecutive Emmy Awards Governors Ball events, Cecchetto has produced numerous entertainment industry events which featured these must-have recipes that we love!