Under the Dome
If you missed last week’s premieres, not to worry, the cable networks in particular delivered a lot for you to binge on during your holiday staycation.
Fan favorites True Detective and Under the Dome returned to join some brand new guilty pleasures, including Ballers and Mr. Robot. Finales weren't entirely left out however, with hit show The Comedians ending its first season.
But as always, we wanted to see which of the following episodes kept social audiences engaged online:
- An investigation into a disappearance that disrupts a lucrative land scheme on the premiere of True Detective
- The drama between cash-strapped Spencer and Vernon's stubborn friend Reggie who refuses to step aside on the series premiere of Ballers
- Elliot grappling with how far he'll go to expose the forces he believes are ruining the world on the series premiere of Mr. Robot
- Barbie realizing that something’s wrong in Chester's Mill after he returns from his trip on the premiere of Under the Dome
- Billy and Josh looking to the future of the show on the finale of The Comedians
The Social Totals
Everyone’s favorite dysfunctional police department arrested the largest number of total engagements, as True Detective secured 175.4K reactions for a 41.4% market share. Under the Dome’s engagements were over the top for its series premiere, grabbing the runner-up spot with 145.6K engagements for a 34.3% market share.
Winning a lot of likes, comments, shares, likes, favorites and retweets is certainly something to be proud of, but we also like to look at that story relative to audience size. In calculating the activity level for each show’s following, Mr. Robot logged in the most interactions, generating 1.1K engagements per 1K users. Meanwhile Ballers had audiences cheering from the social sidelines, with 449.2 engagements per 1k users to secure second place.
True Detective (premiere)
Ballers (series premiere)
Mr. Robot (series premiere)
Under the Dome (premiere)
The Comedians (finale)