Twitter and Facebook were certainly ablaze with conversations about last week’s premieres and finales, ultimately compiling three times the number of engagements as the previous week.
These shows, which include sketch comedies Key and Peele and Inside Amy Schumer alongside dramas Chasing Life, Penny Dreadful, Dominion, and Rectify were able to amass more than 472.6K engagements.
Impressive for sure, but which of the following plots proved to be a cut above the rest?
- Vanessa relying on the strength of her soul to rescue Sir Malcolm and defeat a Demon on the finale of Penny Dreadful
- April, deciding to live life unplanned, gets devastating news while wedding planning on the premiere of Chasing Life
- Amy watching promising hookups get blocked and developing a love for men with dashing accents on the finale of Inside Amy Schumer
- President Obama and Hillary Clinton’s translators divulging their bosses’ true thoughts the premiere of Key and Peele
- Amantha discovering that Daniel is responsible for Hanna’s death on the premiere of Rectify
- Alex and Noma journeying to a dangerous and mysterious city to escape from being attacked on the premiere of Dominion
The Social Totals
Chasing Life beat the odds by generating the lion's share of social engagement, accumulating 140.9K likes, shares, comments, retweets and favorites for a 29.8% market share. However with 138.1K engagements, psychological thriller Penny Dreadful was nipping at the heels of the top spot, but hunting down second place instead with a 29.2% market share.
When it comes to figuring out who had the most talkative and tuned-in audience on social, we look to see how total engagements are spread across each show’s entire community. In this category, it would seem the socialverse chose Dominion as the fearless leader, generating 1,629.7 engagements per 1K users. Rectify’s audience let their reactions loose as well, taking the runner-up spot with 538.6 engagements per 1K users.
Penny Dreadful (finale)
Chasing Life (premiere)
Inside Amy Schumer (finale)
Key and Peele (premiere)