Television Academy Senior Vice President, Awards John Leverence with one of his art pieces.
Television Academy Senior Vice President of Awards John Leverence will be a featured artist as The Art Directors Guild (ADG, IATSE Local 800) concludes its 2015 Gallery 800 exhibition series with Art Unites 9: An Eclectic Mix of Art and Artists’ Works.
Located in the heart of the famed NoHo Arts District, Gallery 800 showcases guild members’ personal art in a series of six shows throughout the year. Art Unites 9 will run through December 12, 2015 and is open to the public.
In keeping with the spirit of “Art Unites,” Gallery 800 is including the personal work of members from Motion Picture Set Painters & Sign-Writers (IATSE Local 729), and Set Decorators Society of America, SDSA, in this exhibit.
In addition, Gallery 800 has invited special guest artist John Leverence, Television Academy Senior Vice President, Awards, to exhibit his personal artwork.
Along with Leverence, other artists showcased in this exhibition include:
- Denny Dugally – Art Director on Star Trek Beyond (2016). Production Designer on Brothers & Sisters, Numb3rs, GCB and Arrested Development
- Shawn Esposito – Production Designer for The Talk (2010-2013), The Voice (2011-2012), The Wanda Sykes Show (2009-2010)
- Aprile Lanza Boettcher - Composite Artist on Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013), Sabotage (2014), Mystery Men (1999)
- Barbara Mesney – Set Designer for Ant-Man (2015), The Gambler (2014), Gone Girl (2014) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Michelle Armitage – Painter for Chef (2014), The Host (2013) and Smokin Aces (2006)
- Catherine Koon – Scenic Artist for The Young and the Restless and Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Gallery 800 at the Historic Lankershim Arts Center is located at 5108 Lankershim Blvd. in North Hollywood. The Gallery is open to the public. Admission is free.
Gallery 800 Hours are: Thursday - Saturday 2-8 p.m., Sunday 2-6 p.m.