College Television Summit 2021
May 3-4-5, 2021
3:00pm - 7:00pm PDT
The College Television Summit presented by Apple TV+ took place virtually beginning May 3, 2021. This free three-day conference featured industry leaders including Emmy winners and TV innovators provided college media arts students with an insider’s guide to a career in television.
The first 90 registrants were invited to take part in an exclusive networking session with TV professionals.
Monday, May 3
Open Networking, Doors Open 2:30pm PDT
Launching a Career in Television, 3:00pm PDT [Watch the replay]
There's no "one, right way" to finding your place and voice in the television business. This conversation between two seasoned and highly accomplished industry leaders will dig into the different pathways to a career in television.
- Cris Abrego,Television Academy Foundation Chairman and Chairman of the Americas, Banijay, and President and CEO, Endemol Shine Holdings
- Ivana Kirkbride, Global Director of Content Strategy and Programming, Facebook.
The Business of Television, 3:45pm PDT [Watch the replay]
Learn about the current creative, economic, and strategic dimensions of the television business.
- Sarah Bremner, President, ARRAY Filmworks
- Paul Garnes, Head of Physical Production, ARRAY Filmworks
- Moderator: Gil Robertson, President, AAFCA
Open Networking, 4:30pm PDT
30 Minutes with Craig Mazin, 4:50pm PDT [Watch the replay]
A Conversation with two Foundation Internship Program alumni: Albert Lawrence (Innovation Nation) and Emmy-winning producer/writer Craig Mazin (Chernobyl)
Script to Screen: The Boys, 5:30pm PDT
Creators and artists share what it takes to bring the hit drama, The Boys, to your screen.
- Eric Kripke, Creator, Executive Producer, Head Writer
- Rebecca Sonnenshine, Executive Producer & Writer
- Moderator: Jennifer Maas, The Wrap
Tuesday, May 4
Open Networking, Doors Open 2:30pm PDT
Amplifying Diverse Voices: #TakeTheLead, 3:00pm PDT [Watch the replay]
Creating a culture of equity and inclusion requires a commitment to diversity and inclusion on screen, off screen, and in hiring practices. Learn how recently launched #TakeTheLead initiative from Starz amplifies voices of women and underrepresented audiences and their partnership with UCLA’s Center for Scholars & Storytellers to conduct an inclusion study of its organization.
- Daria Overby, Director of Creative Diversity
- Jamila Daniel, Chief Diversity Officer & Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
Networking Tips from CAA
Learn five top networking tips from Ruben Garcia, Executive and Co-Head, Cultural Business Strategy Group at the Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Building a Career in Nonfiction Television, 4:00pm PDT [Watch the replay]
Meet creators of top nonfiction television shows and learn how to start a career in this popular genre.
- Stephanie Drachkovitch, Co-CEO & Co-Founder, 44 Blue Productions, LLC
- Jill Dickerson, Head of Unscripted Originals, Snap, Inc
- Moderator: Carlos King, Executive Producer & CEO of Kingdom Reign Entertainment
30 Minutes with "Hollywood's Job Whisperer," Madelyn Hammond, 5:00pm PDT
First impressions can be a make or break moment. Your resume needs to stand out from the crowd and with valuable tips from this respected Hollywood career coach, it will.
Script to Screen: Ted Lasso, 5:30pm PDT
Creators of the comedy series discuss how to move from concept and story development, to production and promotion of a popular show.
- Bill Lawrence, Showrunner, Executive Producer, Writer
- Jamie Lee, Supervising Producer, Writer
- Nick Mohammed, Actor, “Nathan Shelley”
- Theo Park, Casting Director
- Moderator: Kevin Frazier, Entertainment Tonight
Wednesday, May 5
The Power of TV: #RepresentationMatters, 5:00pm PDT
Advancing diversity in television calls for ongoing learning and intentional change. Meet the leaders who are driving inclusion in television, and what it will take to achieve equity in terms of race, gender and ability in the industry.
- Steven Canals, Co-Creator/Executive Producer/Director, FX's Pose
- Ryan O'Connell, Actor/Writer/Producer/Creator, Star of Netflix’s Special
- Ashley Park, Tony Award-nominated Actor, Emily in Paris
- Moderator: Ruben Garcia, CAA
The College Television Summit is sponsored by:
Student ID required
Registration is full for this event. Thank you!
Stay up to date with the College Television Summit and other Television Academy Foundation news by signing up for updates at right.
For questions regarding the College Television Summit email email@example.com