About The Event
Governors Kim Estes and Kate Linder, along with the Performers Peer Group Executive Committee, invite you to:
Join Tim Powell as he shares his expertise on how to produce professional-quality video auditions on a restricted budget. His extensive knowledge and experience comes from more than a decade of running his own video production company and working with the industry's preeminent casting professionals.
- Budget: Achieve outstanding results on a tight budget.
- Mistakes: Avoid common self-taping mistakes.
- Lighting: Understand and implement 3-point lighting.
- Equipment: Select the best for your needs.
- Composition: Make choices that grab and hold viewers' attention.
- Applications: Where to find recording and delivery apps that produce the best results.
- Audio: Professional tips and tricks.
- Terminology: Relevant audio and video terminology.
- Compression: Understand and implement compression to meet file size requirements.
- Delivery: Provide your auditions efficiently and free of charge.
- Devices: Use your smartphone or tablet for professional self-taping.
Click here to RSVP.
Due to limited space, members only, please - no guests.
Light refreshments will be served.
If you are feeling ill, please do not attend.
Reminder: Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. If the event reaches capacity, members who register will be placed on the Waiting List. As space opens up, those on the Waiting List may be promoted to a registration up to 24 hours before the event. For more information, check Frequently Asked Questions.
Can't make the event? No problem! This event will be recorded and you can watch it on TelevisionAcademy.com following the event.
The Television Academy is committed to making member events accessible to everyone. For information about accessibility at the Saban Media Center, please click here.
This event is presented and hosted
by the Television Academy.