The 2021 nominees for Outstanding Music, Sound and Sound Editing celebrated their nominations at the Television Academy on Monday, August 30, 2021 in North Hollywood, California.
Celebrate Under the Stars: Music, Sound Mixing and Sound Editing
About The Event
The Television Academy invites members of the Music, Sound, and Sound Editors Peer Groups and a guest to toast this year's Emmy Season at an exclusive reception honoring the nominees for:
Outstanding Music, Sound Mixing and Sound Editing
Click here to RSVP.
RSVP is essential by August 25, 2021.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for entry. Please be prepared to show any ONE of the following:
- Official vaccination card
- Digital image of the vaccination card
- State of California QR code of vaccination record
Categories being honored are:
- Music Composition for a Limited or Anthology Series, Movie or Special (Original Dramatic Score)
- Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)
- Music Composition for a Documentary Series or Special (Original Dramatic Score)
- Music Direction
- Original Main Title Theme Music
- Original Music and Lyrics
- Music Supervision
- Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation
- Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)
- Sound Mixing for a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie
- Sound Mixing for a Nonfiction or Reality Program (Single or Multi-Camera)
- Sound Mixing for a Variety Series or Special
- Sound Editing for a Limited or Anthology Series, Movie or Special
- Sound Editing for a Nonfiction or Reality Program (Single or Multi-Camera)
- Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)
- Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation
Special Guest Chef:
From battling the legendary Masaharu Morimoto on Iron Chef America, opening Encore Hotel in Las Vegas, and guiding Anthony Bourdain through many markets and restaurants, Chef Jet Tila is internationally celebrated for his culinary expertise. This Emmy nominee, James Beard nominee, and best-selling author grew up in the first family of Thai food and then later attended both French and Japanese culinary schools. Jet is a born educator and storyteller. Jet was appointed as the inaugural Culinary Ambassador of Thai Cuisine by the Royal Thai Consulate, the first-ever chef to represent his country’s culture and cuisine.
Chef Jet’s culinary operations includes VP Culinary of Pei Wei Group 148 restaurants & Managing Partner Dragon Tiger Noodle Co in Las Vegas. He has partnerships with Compass Group, Schwan’s & NBC Universal/DreamWorks. His food reaches millions of people a year.
He appears as co-host of Iron Chef America and recurring judge on Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen, Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay and Guy’s Grocery Games, as well as an array of shows including The Today Show, MasterChef, and Rachel Ray. Chef Jet holds six culinary Guinness World Records.
The Television Academy would like to thank our Corporate Partners!
This event is presented and hosted
by the Television Academy.