Requirements for membership in the Sound Peer Group
Please note that requirements (as outlined below) must be met within the four (4) years preceding one's application for membership or membership review; also, such requirements apply in each instance to the production and/or distribution of nationally exhibited audio visual works. All episodes should be a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in length unless defined otherwise specifically for short form programming. Individuals who have received a Primetime or Daytime Emmy Nomination, specific to this peer group, within the past four (4) years are eligible for Active membership.
Employment in one or more of the following verifiable positions for a minimum of two (2) years:
- AUDIO ASSISTANT (A2, Utility)
- AUDIO CONSULTANT (Room Tuner, Audio System Designer)
- BOOM OPERATOR
- ENGINEER (Involved in research, development and engineering of Digital audio algorithms or analog circuitry)
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT HEAD
- SOUND DEPARTMENT HEAD
Primary employment in one or more of the following verifiable positions for a minimum of two (2) years with verifiable credit on at least twenty (20) episodes or four (4) episodes or programs that are 1.5 hours or longer of nationally exhibited content during each of the qualifying (2) years:
- ADR MIXER
- AUDIO RECORDIST
- FOLEY MIXER
- FRONT OF HOUSE MIXER (Sound Engineer)
- MONITOR MIXER (Foldback Mixer)
- PLAYBACK MIXER
- PRODUCTION MUSIC MIXER
- PRODUCTION SOUND MIXER (Sound Mixer, Sweetener, Supplemental Audio Mixer)
- RE-RECORDING MIXER (Post Production Mixer, Dubbing Mixer, Sound Mixer, Sound Engineer, Sweetening Mixer, Package Mixer)
- SCORING MIXER
- MIX TECH
A qualified body of work relevant to the peer group that warrants a waiver of the above requirements. Body of Work designation has all benefits of Active membership with the exception of running for Peer Group Governor.
Employment by a person in one of the above categories who does not have enough time or credits to qualify for Active membership.