Science and Technology Subgroup
Requirements for membership in the Science and Technology Subgroup
Individuals who have developed or uniquely employed technologies that have been adopted by the television industry to enable or advance the storytelling process.
You must have been actively engaged in the television industry for the past (6) six years and have served in one of the following positions for four (4) consecutive years. Requirements apply in each instance to the production and/or distribution of nationally-exhibited audio, visual or interactive television content.
- Senior individual in Research and Development, Scientist, Technologist or Design or Software Engineer who has made significant contributions in the development of scientific and/or technological advancement for audio, visual, interactive or distribution
- Senior Design or Software Engineer working in development of products or systems who has made significant contributions that produced leading creative tools and/or systems for the crafts involved in the creation or distribution of television content
- Leader of Engineering or Technology for a major network, production, or post-production facility who has been actively involved (not solely in an administrative role) in the management, oversight, system design, development, or implementation of facilities doing production, post-production or distribution
- Television Academy Engineering Emmy recipients, including recipients of the Charles F. Jenkins Lifetime Achievement Award
- A past "Body of Work" consisting of at least ten (10) years employment in any of the above listed positions and criteria, or have in the opinion of the Science and Technology subcommittee achieved unique distinction, earned special merit, or made an outstanding contribution to the art and science of television
Employment by a person in one of the above categories who has not fulfilled the required years or above stated accomplishments to qualify for Active membership.