Los Angeles Area
Requirements for membership in the Los Angeles Area Peer Group
Please note that any requirements (as outlined below) must have been met within the four (4) years preceding one's application for membership or membership review; also, such requirements apply to the production of programming for LOCAL Los Angeles Area television market exhibition. Los Angeles Area Emmy Nominees within the past four (4) years are eligible for Active membership.
Currently working in LOCAL Los Angeles television production and distribution with employment in one or more of the following positions for a minimum of two (2) years within the last four (4) years:
- Assignment Editor / Assignment Manager
- Art Director
- Associate Director
- Engineer In Charge (EIC)
- Graphic Designer
- Lighting Director
- Managing Editor
- News Technical Operations Center Engineer ("T.O.C.")
- On-Camera Talent (Anchor, Host, Reporter, Performer, Play By Play, Sports Analyst)
- Producer (Executive Producer, Co-Executive Producer, Co-Producer, Supervising Producer, Senior Producer, Associate Producer, Coordinating Producer, Segment Producer)
- Senior Video Control
- Sound (Edit Or Mix)
- Stage Manager
- Technical Director / Technical Manager
Note - Work in other local television markets outside of Los Angeles County may be considered (on a case by case basis) in order to meet the requirements.
Or a qualified body of work relevant to the peer group that warrants a waiver of the above requirements. Body of Work designation has all benefits of Los Angeles Area Active membership with the exception of running for Peer Group Governor..
Individuals who do not meet the requirements for Active membership but are actively engaged in Los Angeles Area television production and distribution in any of the above areas can apply for Associate membership.