The Television Academy has provided members new ways to watch Emmy-nominated episodes and performances:
- Watch online by visiting the Television Academy Viewing Platform website at view.TelevisionAcademy.com
- Watch on your mobile device by downloading the Emmy Nominees app for your iPhone or iPad or Android device or AppleTV or Roku.
- Watch on your television using your Chromecast
To enhance the viewing experience, members will be receiving a Chromecast (while supplies last). The Television Academy Viewing Platform is open now.
Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your television. Plug the Chromecast into your TV and start casting nominated videos from the Viewing Platform to the big screen.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to cast your favorite online videos and more from your phone, laptop, or tablet to your TV with Chromecast.
Need help getting set up? Visit the Chromecast Help Center.
For Dolby 5.1 Sound
- Make sure your Chromecast is connected via the HDMI cable to your receiver
Connecting the Chromecast to your television will NOT deliver 5.1 surround sound.
- If you're using an iOS or Android device: Make sure your receiver is set up for surround sound
- If you're casting from the Web site: Audio output should be in DIRECT, not AUTO SURROUND
- Proceed to choose and play videos