Emmys' "Backstage Live!" Experience Returns for the "65th Emmy Awards" at the New Emmys.com
Exclusive Companion Webcast Streaming on Emmys.com, CBS.com and Yahoo.com
NoHo Arts District, CA. - September 18, 2013 - The Television Academy announced today the return of the Emmys "Backstage Live!" online show in conjunction with the 65th Emmy Awards telecast, which airs live coast-to-coast on Sunday, September 22 at 8pm ET / 5pm PT on CBS. "Backstage Live!" is a free all access behind-the scenes pass to the Emmys that will stream simultaneously to the CBS telecast on CBS.com, Yahoo.com, and on the newly redesigned Emmys.com.
More than fifteen cameras positioned in various areas on the red carpet and backstage at the Emmy Awards telecast will provide viewers at home with the added experience of watching all the exciting moments that aren't seen on the network telecast. Fans will have the opportunity to choose between three different viewing options including a directors feed and two additional feeds.
Directed for a third time by Bob McKinnon (Academy of Country Music Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, Academy Awards Red Carpet Special) this streaming companion program gives viewers at home a front row seat to some of the following backstage Emmy nominee and presenter-only areas:
- Green Room Camera sponsored by Audi: Capturing off-the-cuff moments with the presenters, the green room camera will provide an inside look as the stars mingle backstage. Audi has partnered with fashion designer Joseph Altuzurra in creating this year's Audi Green Room.
- Thank You Camera: As the winners exit the telecast stage, they will have the opportunity to stop by the Thank You Camera to extend additional thanks to their colleagues, supporters and fans.
- Social Media Camera sponsored by Samsung Smart TV: As they enter the media center, the winners will stop to talk with "Backstage Live!" host Marc Istook who will share the reactions, messages and #EmmysCongrats for the winners that have been posted across social media, beautifully displayed on the innovative 55" Samsung Smart TV.
- General Photo Camera: Viewers will be positioned as a member of the photo press as they watch the winners pose with their Emmy statuette.
- Press Room Camera: Viewers are able to watch and listen as the winners field questions from press members representing over 100 media outlets.
- Additional positions include cameras capturing all of the action immediately backstage left and right.
In addition to this unprecedented access, "Backstage Live!" will feature a robust social experience to engage fans before, during and after the telecast. Viewers can join the conversation with Television Academy and Yahoo TV experts on Emmys.com and on twitter by using #EmmysChat or #EmmysCongrats to send well wishes to the winners.
There will also be a synched content experience featuring trivia, quizzes, fun facts and real-time polling powered by Watchwith.
All "Backstage Live!" content will be available for immediate replay and repeat viewing in the weeks following the broadcast at the completely redesigned Emmys.com. The new Emmys.com provides a digital showcase for all of the activities and content that the Television Academy has to offer, including photos and videos from the Primetime Emmy Awards alongside "Backstage Live!"
Executive-produced by Ken Ehrlich, the 65th Emmy Awards will be hosted by Neil Patrick Harris who also serves as a producer. The telecast will air live from the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles on Sunday, September 22nd, (8:00 PM EDT / 5:00 PM PDT) on CBS. If you plan to Tweet this story, please use #Emmys and mention the official Emmys Twitter handle @primetimeemmys.
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences – PMK·BNC
Chris DiIorio 310.854.4866 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joanna Cichocki 310.854.4773 email@example.com