Emmys Backstage LIVE! Returns this Monday
Watch Emmys Backstage LIVE online Monday, August 25, alongside NBC's broadacst of the 66th Emmy Awards.
The Emmys Backstage LIVE online show is set to stream live, simultaneously alongside the 66th Emmy Awards telecast, which airs live coast-to-coast on Monday, August 25 at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT on NBC. Fans can catch the free, all-access behind-the-scenes pass on Emmys.com, NBC.com and Yahoo.com, with the NBC broadcast.
The Television Academy announced today that this year’s Backstage LIVE second-screen experience will include 4 components: the live show video stream, real-time social media, synchronized content and – for the first time ever — a Spanish-language translated director’s cut.
The live show coverage will include more than 15 cameras positioned in various areas backstage at the Emmy Awards telecast, giving viewers at home the added bonus of watching exciting moments that aren’t seen on the network show. Fans will have a front row seat to the following backstage Emmy telecast areas:
- Thank You Camera: as winners leave the main stage, they have the opportunity to stop by the Thank You Camera to extend additional thanks to family, colleagues, supporters and fans
- Green Room Camera: an inside look as presenters and nominees mingle backstage
- Trophy Table Camera: viewers will see winners’ reactions as they pick up their Emmy statuette.
- Host Camera: after winners pick up their Emmy, they will stop to talk with Backstage LIVE host Marc Istook as they enter the media center
- Press Room Camera: viewers are able to watch and listen as winners field questions from press members representing over 100 media outlets
- Producers’ Table Camera: watch as the presenters rehearse before going on stage
- Additional positions include cameras in the Hair/Makeup Room, Video Truck and more
All Backstage LIVE content will be available for immediate replay and repeat viewing in the weeks following the program on Emmys.com.
The Television Academy’s official site provides a digital showcase for all of the activities and content that the Television Academy has to offer including photos and videos from the Emmy Awards, plus original exclusive video programs like My Emmy Moment and Fashion Flashback, along with articles spotlighting members, Television Academy events and more throughout the year.
This year‘s Backstage LIVE experience will be powered and delivered by Live Media Group's NowLive© Multi-stage, Multi-camera, Picture in Picture and Grid View player. The experience and technology gives viewers the ability to take control of their own Emmys Backstage LIVE broadcast with multiple video feeds which are all switchable in real time.
The player also includes “The Social Stream”, an aggregated social media feed that will display #Emmys tweets and Instagram photos.
Real time social media will be curated and displayed over the live stream video and Backstage LIVE’s social media monitor throughout the show.
Additionally, a moderated live chat on Twitter will be viewable on Emmys.com, giving viewers the chance to chat with @TelevisionAcad by using #EmmysChat or #EmmysCongrats. All real-time social media will be produced by ConnecTV, the Television Academy’s social media partner.
The synchronized content, featuring trivia, quizzes, fun facts and real-time polling, powered by Watchwith, will be on Emmys.com to round out the Backstage LIVE second-screen experience.
Hosted by Late Night star Seth Meyers and produced by Don Mischer Productions, the 66th Emmy Awards will air live from the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles on Monday, August 25, (8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT) on NBC.
Follow the Television Academy and Emmy Awards show on Twitter @TelevisionAcad and join the conversation using the hashtag #Emmys.