Emmy Magazine Wins Five Maggies
The Television Academy's emmy magazine won five Maggie awards at the Western Publishing Association's awards banquet on May 1, 2015.
A finalist in eight categories, the magazine garnered more awards than any other publication this year.
Maggies were awarded to emmy magazine for:
- Best Associations, Profit & Nonprofit Trade Publication
- Best Overall Design—Issue #4, 2014, with the Sleepy Hollow cover, shot by photographer Florian Schneider=
- Best Layout—"Hip to Be Square," the Portlandia feature on pg. 124 of Issue #4, 2014
- Best Cover—The cast of Orange Is the New Black, Issue #3, 2014, shot by photographer Steve Schofield
- Best Illustration—Artist Lou Brooks's illustration for "High Wire Act," a book excerpt on page 144 of Issue #4, 2014
The Maggies are awarded by The Western Publishing Association, a nonprofit business trade association dedicated to the advancement of the media publishing industry in the western United States.
Winners are drawn from the 24 states west of the Mississippi River.
Juan Morales, senior director, membership publications and editor-in-chief of emmy magazine said, "I thank our talented and tireless publications team for their incredible work, and I thank the WPA for honoring their efforts with these awards. It was a particularly big night for our creative director Rich Bleiweiss — this was the first time we were recognized for Best Overall Design; he did the Portlandia layout, he hired Lou Brooks, he and our photo editor Rose Cefalu oversaw the OITNB shoot, and he designed the winning cover. We know he does amazing work, but it's always great to see it recognized in a public forum like this."
The award-winning emmy magazine is free to Academy Members and available to the general public to purchase. Find digital and back issues, including those winning Maggie awards, here.