Frequently Asked Questions
Who can vote for the Primetime Emmys?
The Emmy award is a symbol of peer recognition. The Academy has nearly 18,000 members, divided into 28 peer groups of specialized fields. The members of each peer group vote on the nominees and winners for categories pertaining to their area of specialty. If you are a professional in the television industry you may be eligible for membership, and those voting. Find out How to Join.
I am a member. How can I update my contact or login information?
Visit the Members section and Log In, then click Edit Profile or Change Password tab on top of the page.
If you have any other questions on how to update your records, please email email@example.com or call (818) 754-2800 and ask for the Membership Department.
How do I create or reset my member password to the members-only area?
- On the Members page, log in.
- Click on the “Forgot your login or password?” link.
- When prompted, enter your email address, then hit submit.
- Look in your email account inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and click on the link provided to reset your password.
- This will open up a web page where you must input your first name, last name and new password. Note that your user login is on top of this page. It’s usually your first initial and last name with no space or dot in between (e.g. WSMITH)..
- Hit submit and try logging in again.
If you encounter any problems, contact email@example.com.
I’ve let my membership lapse. How do I reinstate my membership?
If your renewal is past due, your membership has lapsed and you cannot log in to the website to pay your dues. You may reinstate your membership one of two ways.
1. Mail a check to:
Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
5220 Lankershim Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA 91601
2. Fax a credit card authorization (Visa or MC) to (818) 754-2808.
Please include the credit card number, expiration date, and a signature authorizing the Television Academy to charge your card for the required amount.
Please print this Membership Reinstatement Form, fill it out and send it along with your payment.