Requirements for membership in the Sound Peer Group
Please note that requirements for credits, number of programs, number of hours or days, or percentages of time spent (as outlined below) are requirements which must be met within the four (4) years preceding one's application for membership; also, such requirements apply in each instance to the production and/or distribution of nationally exhibited audio visual works.
Employment in one or more of the following positions for a total of at least three consecutive years or verifiable credit on at least twenty-five (25) hours of nationally-exhibited content within the past four (4) years:
IMDb or employment verification documents are accepted. Attach PDFs and/or IMDb link.
- ADR MIXER
- AUDIO ASSISTANT (A2, Utility)
- AUDIO CONSULTANT (Room Tuner, Audio System Designer)
- AUDIO RECORDIST
- BOOM OPERATOR
- ENGINEER (Involved in research, development and engineering of Digital audio algorithms or analog circuitry)
- FOLEY MIXER
- FRONT OF HOUSE MIXER (Sound Engineer)
- MONITOR MIXER (Foldback Mixer)
- PLAYBACK MIXER
- PRODUCTION MUSIC MIXER
- PRODUCTION SOUND MIXER (Sound Mixer, Sweetener, Supplemental Audio Mixer)
- RE-RECORDING MIXER (Post Production Mixer, Dubbing Mixer, Sound Mixer, Sound Engineer, Sweetening Mixer, Package Mixer)
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT HEAD
- SCORING MIXER
- SOUND DEPARTMENT HEAD
A past Body of Work consisting of at least ten (10) years employment in any of the above listed positions.
Employment by a person in one of the above categories who does not have enough time or credits to qualify for Active membership.